Freedom of Information Act 2000
UoP Publication Scheme
University of Portsmouth publication scheme, information classes:
- Who we are and what we do
- What we spend and how we spend it
- What our priorities are and how we are doing
- How we make decisions
- Our policies and procedures
- Lists and registers
- The services we offer
Each section is divided into sub-headings which more closely resemble the actual information being made available.
Click on the section title (below) to see the actual records available for that section.
This group provides background information on how the University was set up, including the legal status of the University, how to find the University and details of organisations with which the University works.
- 1.1 Legal framework - information relating to the legislation setting up the University and its current legal and corporate status.
- 1.2 How the institution is organised - information setting out the organisational and reporting structure of the University, the University's Statutory Bodies and the terms of reference and minutes of the relevant University and Governing Body committees.
- 1.3 Location and contact details - how to find and travel to the University. Contact details for appropriate departments and members of staff.
- 1.4 Lists of, and information relating to, organisations for which the University has responsibility, those it works in partnership with, those it sponsors and companies wholly owned by it - information to identify relationships between these bodies and the University.
- 1.5 Student activities - information relating to the operation and activities of the University of Portsmouth's Students' Union (UPSU).
This group includes financial information relating to actual income and expenditure , procurement, contracts and financial audit.
- 2.1 Funding and income - information on sources of funding and income such as Funding Council grants, tuition fees, endowments, rents and investment income.
- 2.2 Budgetary and account information - information making it possible to see where and how the University spends its money.
- 2.3 Financial audit reports - the most recent financial audit report.
- 2.4 Capital programme - information on plans for capital expenditure.
- 2.5 Financial regulations and procedures - information on the University?s Financial Regulations and related policies.
- 2.6 Staff pay and grading structures - information on staff salary scales and HERA job analysis.
- 2.7 Register of suppliers - information on current or possible suppliers to the University.
- 2.8 Procurement and tender procedures and reports - details of procurement procedures.
- 2.9 Contracts - information on contracts that have been through the formal tendering process.
- 2.10 Research funding - information on sources of research funding.
This class sets out information from the last three years relating to the University's strategies and plans, performance indicators, audits, inspections and reviews.
- 3.1 Annual report - copies of the last three annual reports.
- 3.2 Corporate and business plans - the University's Corporate plan for 2007 ? 2012.
- 3.3 Teaching and learning strategy - information on the University's teaching and learning strategy and related policies.
- 3.4 Academic quality and standards - information on the University's internal procedures for assuring academic quality and standards plus qualitative data on the quality and standards of learning and teaching.
- 3.5 External review information - information on the annual monitoring and review process together with details of the roles, responsibilities and authority of different bodies within the institution in programme approval and review.
- 3.6 Corporate relations - information relating to the University's links with employers and the development of learning programmes.
- 3.7 Government and regulatory reports - accreditation and monitoring reports by professional, statutory or regulatory bodies and information that the university is legally obliged to make available to its funding and / or monitoring bodies.
- 4.1 Minutes from governing body, Council, academic boards and steering groups - minutes of meetings where key decisions are made about the operation of the university from the previous three years. These minutes will not include any confidential items of business.
- 4.2 Teaching and learning committee minutes - minutes from the appropriate teaching and learning committees from the previous three years.
- 4.3 Minutes of staff / student consultation meetings - minutes from the appropriate committees from the previous three years.
- 4.4 Appointment committees and procedures - minutes from the previous three years.
- 5.1 Policies and procedures for conducting university business - links to codes of practice, procedural rules and similar information.
- 5.2 Procedures and policies relating to academic services - some information on this subject can be found under the class of "what our priorities are and how we are doing". Further policies relate to the awarding of honorary degrees, procedures for changing course, regulations and policy on student assessment, appeal procedures and policy on breach of assessment regulations.
- 5.3 Procedures and policies relating to student services - including student admission and registration, accommodation, management of the student records system, assessment of external qualifications, student complaints and appeals processes and code of student discipline.
- 5.4 Procedures and policies relating to human resources - information on the generic terms and conditions of employment, collective bargaining and consultation with trade unions, grievance, disciplinary, harassment and bullying, public interest disclosure, staff development.
- 5.5 Procedures and policies relating to recruitment - including the advertisement of vacancies.
- 5.6 Code of conduct for members of governing bodies - link to the Standing Orders of the Board of Governors and its committees.
- 5.7 Equality and Diversity - all policies, statements, procedures and guidelines relating to equal opportunities.
- 5.8 Health and Safety - links to relevant policies.
- 5.9 Estate management - information including disposals policy, estates strategy and plan, facilities management policies, grounds and building maintenance.
- 5.10 Complaints policy - complaints procedures to be invoked when requests for information are not responded to.
- 5.11 Records management and personal data policies - information on the University's record retention policy and schedules, plus a link to the University's data protection policy.
- 5.12 Research policy and strategy
- 5.13 Charging regimes and policies - details of any statutory charging regimes including charges made for information provided under the Freedom of Information Act.
- 6.1 Any information we are currently legally required to hold in publicly available registers - details of the registers the University is required to hold including details of arrangements for viewing the registers.
- 6.2 Asset registers - capital asset registers including landholdings.
- 6.3 Disclosure logs - the University does not currently hold a disclosure log of all requests made under the FOIA and the niversity responses.
- 6.4 Register of gifts and hospitality provided to senior personnel - details included in the sub-heading "Asset registers" above.
- 6.5 Any registers of interests kept in the University - details included in the sub-heading "Asset registers" above.
This class of information is an extension of that at ?Who we are and what we do? and includes details of the services which are provided by the university both internationally and nationally, and locally, including:
- Services for outside bodies
- Welfare and counselling
- Health including medical services
- Chaplaincy Services
- Services for which the University is entitled to recover a fee
- Sports and recreational facilities
- Conference facilities
- Advice and guidance
- Local campaigns
- Media releases