Freedom of Information Act 2000
2. What we spend and how we spend it
This section provides financial information relating to projected and actual income and expenditure, procurement, contracts and financial audit.
Some information relating to the University's commercial and financial interests may be exempt from publication and therefore is not published in this section.
2.1 Funding / income and 2.2 Budgetary and account information
Information on the sources of funding and income, such as Funding Council grants, tuition fees, endowments, rents and investment income (including investment strategy). This section also includes copies of the annual statment of accounts and other information to show where money is being spent, where it is or has been planned to spend it and the difference between one and another, including revenue budgets and budgets for capital expenditure.
- Annual Published Financial Accounts, including funding information
- Tuition Fees Information:
2.3 Financial audit records
The University's financial audit records are included in the Financial Statements referred to in section 2.1 above.
2.4 Capital Programme
This section provides information on major plans for capital expenditure within the periods specified:
2.5 Financial regulations and procedures
The following policies are available by clicking on the links:
- Fees appeals procedures - section 13 of the University Tuition Fee Policy
- Retention Schedule : Section 5 - Financial Records
The following policies are currently available in paper copy only on request from the Finance department:
- Financial regulations
- University Credit Control policy
- Expenses manual
- Investigation of alleged financial and other irregularities
- Inventory management policy
2.6 Staff pay and grading structures
Information on the HE Role Analysis (HERA) scheme
- An introduction to HERA - document currently under review but will appear here soon. Further information available from the Human Resources department.
- Single pay spine for academic and HE support staff 2006-09 - document currently under review but will appear here soon. Further information available from the Human Resources department.
2.7 Register of suppliers
Suppliers' details currently available on application to the Procurement division of the Finance department.
2.8 Procurement and tender procedures and reports
Purchasing and tender information for the purchase of goods and services information is available on the Finance department web pages.
The Director of Corporate Governance has responsibility for ensuring records are kept of contracts that the University has bid for and been successful. Paper copies of these records are available on request from the Director of Corporate Governance.
The Purchasing section of the Finance department has responsibility for contracts under tender. Further information is available from the Procurement division of the Finance department.
2.10 Research funding
Further information on research funding figures can be found in the Annual Published Financial Accounts.