Accounting and Financial Management
Mr. Awad Elsayed Awad Ibrahim
- Qualifications: PhD in Accounting (near completion)- University of Portsmouth, UK. MSc in Accounting (English Section) - Cairo University, Egypt, (2012). BSc in Accounting (English Section) - Mansoura University, Egypt, (2005).
- Role Title: Lecturer
- Address: Richmond Building Portland Street Portsmouth PO1 3DE
- Telephone: Office: 023 92 844235 - Mobile: 07494846428
- Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Department: Accounting and Financial Management
- Faculty: Portsmouth Business School
Awad Ibrahim joined Portsmouth Business School as a Lecturer in accounting and financial management department in December 2016. Awad worked before as an associate lecturer at Birkbeck College, University of London. Prior to that, Awad spent 3 years at the Open University in Egypt as an assistant lecturer where he taught financial accounting, management accounting, cost accounting, and other accounting modules. Awad also worked as a full-time accountant at the Egyptian Agricultural Bank for 9 years.
In 2012, my MSc Thesis research paper was awarded the “Best Paper Award” from the European International Academic Conference held in Italy. In 2015, my project proposal on risk disclosure economic consequences enabled me to win a PhD Fund of £14,057 annually for 3 years from Plymouth University. In 2016, my paper “Economic growth & cost stickiness” was awarded the “Award for Excellence” from Emerald.
Currently, I am a reviewer in Journal of Financial Reporting and Accounting and Int. J. of Accounting, Auditing, and Performance Evaluation.
I am also a member of American Accounting Association (AAA), British Accounting and Finance Association (BAFA), and Institute of Management Accountants (IMA), USA.
Operational Management Accounting (U21062)
Financial Decision Making and Control (U21782)
Business Analysis and Decision Making (U23367)
In addition to the supervision of PhD students.
I have published and presented more than 10 research papers in top ranked academic journals in different topics including:
1 Financial Accounting
- Financial Reporting (e.g., Risk Disclosure)
- Earnings Management (e.g., Real EM, Income Smoothing, Classification Shifting)
- Corporate Governance
- Capital Structure
2 Management Accounting
- Cost Stickiness
- Cost Behaviour
- Balanced Scorecard
3 Artificial Intelligence in Accounting
- Convergence of Big Data and Accounting
- Big Data & Development of Management Accountants Roles
- Accounting Analytics