Accounting and Financial Management
Mr Alan Graham
- Qualifications: MA Engineering Science, Wadham College, Oxford University (1982-85) ACA Associate of the Institute of Chartered Accountants in England and Wales (1989) FCA Fellow of the Institute of Chartered Accountants in England and Wales (1999) PGCE Post-compulsory Education, University of Portsmouth (2005) CFE Member of the Association of Certified Fraud Examiners (2010) FHEA, Fellow of The Higher Education Academy (2014)
- Role Title: Director of Postgraduate Curriculum, Accounting and Financial Management
- Address: Richmond Building Portland Street Portsmouth PO1 3DE
- Telephone: 023 92 844795
- Email: email@example.com
- Department: Accounting & Financial Management
- Faculty: Portsmouth Business School
I am the Course Director for postgraduate programmes in the Accounting and Financial Management subject group.
Before gaining a teaching qualification and becoming an academic, I qualified as a Chartered Accountant with Touche Ross (now Deloitte) in London, working in the areas of audit, tax and management consulting. I then spent 15 years working in Financial Controller and Chief Accountant positions in the electronics and heavy manufacturing sectors in Hampshire and the Thames Valley. During this time I also performed due diligence roles in a number of company acquisitions and took a lead role in accounting systems development projects.
I lecture in the areas of financial accounting and reporting, fraud and forensic analysis.
My research interests focus on pedagogical issues surrounding the teaching of writing skills and also ethics teaching for accountants. I am also interested in the role of the financial controller in business organisations and in the area of football finance.