Accounting and Financial Management
Dr. Ahmed Aboud
- Qualifications: Ph.D , University of Aberdeen, 2015.
- Role Title: Senior Lecturer
- Address: (Office Portland Building, 3.48) Portsmouth Business School Richmond Building Portland Street Portsmouth PO1 3DE
- Telephone: 023 92 844204
- Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Department: Accounting and Financial Management
- Faculty: Portsmouth Business School
Dr. Ahmed Aboud joined the University of Portsmouth Business School (PBS) as a Senior Lecturer in Accounting and Financial Management in March 2017. Previously, he worked at UEL and Beni-Suef University, Egypt. He completed his PhD in Accountancy at the University of Aberdeen, MSc and B.com in Accounting at Beni-Suef University, Egypt. Dr. Aboud is a Fellow of the Higher Education Academy (FHEA).
Dr. Ahmed Aboud's primary teaching areas are in financial accounting. In additional, he has taught in the areas of management accounting and financial management. Currently, he is involved in teaching the following courses:
- Introduction to Financial Accounting
- Financial Reporting
- Personal Investment
Dr. Ahmed Aboud's current research centres around Financial Reporting, and in particular; IFRS, segment reporting quality, capital market consequences and management reporting choices using longitudinal and cross-country data. Ahmed's research interests also include corporate disclosure and corporate governance.