Accounting and Financial Management
Dr. Basiem Al-Shattarat
- Qualifications: Ph.D. in Accounting from University of Plymouth, UK (2017), MSc in Accounting and Financial Management awarded with distinction from Coventry University, UK (2012).
- Role Title: Visiting Research Fellow
- Address: Richmond Building Portland Street Portsmouth PO1 3DE
- Telephone: +44 (0) 7584244074
- Email: email@example.com
- Department: Accounting and Finance
- Faculty: Portsmouth Business School
Basiem Al-Shattarat holds a Ph.D. in Accounting from University of Plymouth (2017) and a Master degree in Accounting and Financial Management with distinction in 2012 from Coventry University. He is now Visiting Research Fellow at the University of Portsmouth (Portsmouth, United Kingdom). He also a member of British Accounting and Finance Association (BAFA), and Institute of Management Accountants (IMA), USA. In addition to that, he is a reviewer in Journal of Applied Accounting Research.
His research interests mainly lay in financial reporting, particularly earnings quality, earnings management (accrual earnings management, real earnings management), corporate governance, financial market analyst, and International Accounting Standard (IAS, IFRS).
- Al-Shattarat, W., Atmeh, M., and Al-Shattarat, B. (2013). Dividend Signaling Hypothesis in Emerging Markets: More Empirical Evidence. Journal of Applied Business Research, 29(2), 461-468.
- Al-Shattarat, W., and Al-Shattarat, B. (2017). The Relationship between Cumulative Abnormal Returns and Earnings: Evidence from Emerging Markets. Journal of Developing Areas, 51(2), 357-368.
- Al-Shattarat, B. Hussainey, K., and Al-Shattarat, W. (2017). Do UK Firms Manage Earnings Through Real Earnings Management to Meet Earnings Benchmarks? The British Accounting Review, Under Review.
- Al-Shattarat, B. Hussainey, K., and Al-Shattarat, W. (2017). The Impact of Abnormal Real Earnings Management to Meet Earnings Benchmarks on Future Operating Performance: UK Evidence. Journal of Business Ethics, Under Review.
- Al-Shattarat, W., and Al-Shattarat, B. (2017). Do Dividends Announcements Signal Future Earnings Changes for Jordanian Industrial Firms? Journal of Financial Reporting and Accounting, Under Review.