Accounting and Financial Management
Dr Dan Shen
- Qualifications: PhD in Accounting (Essex, UK), MRes in Accounting (Essex, UK), MSc in Accounting (BJTU, China), BSc in Financial Management (ZUEL, China), AFHEA
- Role Title: Senior Lecturer
- Address: Richmond Building Portland Street Portsmouth PO1 3DE
- Telephone: 02392 844839
- Email: email@example.com
- Department: Accounting & Financial Management
- Faculty: Portsmouth Business School
I joined Portsmouth Business School as a Lecturer in Accounting and Financial Management in August 2015. Prior to my appointment at Portsmouth, I was awarded my PhD in Accounting from the University of Essex, and taught a variety of accounting and finance modules at both undergraduate and postgraduate levels, e.g. management accounting, introduction to accounting and finance, business research methodology and methods, financial management. During my time at Essex, I also worked as a research officer of the University’s Teaching and Learning Innovation Fund (TALIF) project aiming at enhancing the learning experience of international students, and an international marketing and recruitment assistant.
Operational Management Accounting (Level 5)
Business Venturing (Level 5)
Accounting for Strategic Management and Control (Level 6)
Accounting and Finance Dissertation (Level 6, Unit Coordinator)
Independent Study for Accountants (Level 6)
MSc Forensic Accounting Dissertation (Level 7)
Personal Tutorial (Level 5)
Dissertation supervision (Level 6)
- Corporate social reporting
- Alternative accounting practice
- Non-governmental organisation and social movement
- Corporate social responsibility and sustainable development in China
Shen, D. (2014). Emancipatory Accounting in China: Does Alternative Social Reporting of Non-Governmental Organisations Address Corporate Social Responsibility Problems?. American Academic & Scholarly Research Journal, 6(4), 199.
Two working papers on the role and impact of NGO activism on promoting accounting mobilisation in China.