Accounting and Financial Management
Dr Khaldoon Albitar
- Qualifications: PhD Accounting, School of Accounting and Finance - Zhongnan University of Economics and Law, 2017.
- Role Title: Research Fellow
- Address: Richmond Building Portland Street Portsmouth PO1 3DE
- Telephone: 023 92 844104
- Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Department: Accounting and Finance
- Faculty: Faculty of Business and Law
I joined Portsmouth Business School, Faculty of Business and Law in 2018. I was awarded a PhD and MSc in Accounting and Finance by the Zhongnan University of economics and law, China. Earlier, I spent two years at Tishreen University in Syria as an assistant lecturer where I taught a range of accounting courses, such as Cost Accounting, Managerial Accounting, Intermediate Financial Accounting, Advanced Accounting and International Accounting. Prior to that, I received Bachelor degree with a Prize of Bassel-Alassad for the first Graduate in accounting department from Tishreen University. In 2015 my paper “Corporate Governance and Voluntary Disclosure” was awarded the Accounting department research award for Innovation at Zhongnan University of economics and law. Further, I have published three papers and have two papers in progress.
I am interested in a variety of research mainly, voluntary disclosure, social responsibility disclosure, corporate governance, reporting quality, IFRS and earning management.