Accounting and Financial Management
Mr Bruce Bowhill
- Qualifications: BSc, MBA, ACMA
- Role Title: Principal Lecturer
- Address: Richmond Building Portland Street Portsmouth PO1 3DE
- Telephone: 023 92 844222
- Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Department: Accounting & Financial Management
- Faculty: Portsmouth Business School
I have performed a range of administrative roles in my time at the University covering course management and resource allocation.
Prior to joining the University, I worked in both manufacturing and service organisations in a variety of positions, initially as a Management Accountant and then later as a Financial Controller.
My primary teaching areas are in managerial accounting. In additional I have also taught in the areas of financial accounting and financial management.
My research interests are in the role of management accounting and its interface with operational and strategic management. This interest is reflected in my book ‘Business Planning and Control: Integrating Accounting Strategy and People’, published by Wiley in 2008. I have also written articles in the area of accounting and manufacturing.