Accounting and Financial Management
Professor Russell Craig
- Qualifications: BCom (Hons), MCom, Ph.D (N'cle, NSW)
- Role Title: Professor, Accounting and Financial Management
- Address: Richmond Building Portland Street Portsmouth PO1 3DE
- Telephone: +61 (0) 478409619
- Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Department: Accounting and Financial Management
- Faculty: Portsmouth Business School
Professor Craig is an internationally recognised scholar who has held senior academic positions at universities in Australia, United States, and New Zealand. Currently, he is an honorary adjunct professor at Victoria University, Melbourne, Australia; and at the University of Canterbury, Christchurch, New Zealand.
In 2000, Professor Craig was awarded the ANU Vice Chancellor’s Award for Teaching Excellence.
A central concern that underlies much of Professor Craig's research is directed to making accounting and financial reporting better and more objective. His work exposes the folly of unquestioning acceptance of measures contained in published accounting reports and in narrative accounts by CEOs.
Professor Craig is the author of about 180 research papers, research monographs and book chapters. His two major scholarly books are CEO-Speak: The Language of Corporate Leadership (MQUP 2006, with Joel Amernic); and John Croaker: Convict Embezzler (MUP 2000, with John Booker).
Professor Craig's published research papers have appeared in many high-quality refereed international journals in accounting and related fields. He is currently an editorial board member (or editorial adviser) of Accounting, Auditing & Accountability Journal; Accounting Forum; and Accounting and Business Research.
- Introductory Financial and Management Accounting
- Financial Accounting Theory
- Contemporary Issues in Accounting
- International Accounting
- Financial accounting and reporting
- International accounting
- Accounting history
- Accounting education
- Accounting and labor relations
- Accountability discourse of executives