- Date: Friday 10 March 2017
- Time: 7pm - 10.30pm
- Venue: Portsmouth Guildhall
UNFORTUNATELY ALL ALUMNI TICKETS HAVE SOLD OUT FOR THIS EVENT. Please email the Alumni Team at email@example.com to be added to the waiting list.
Join current students, staff and fellow alumni at the 2017 black tie Chancellor’s Dinner where Sandi Toksvig will be joined by guest speaker, Shami Chakrabarti CBE, at the iconic Portsmouth Guildhall, for her last dinner as University Chancellor.
A lawyer and Chancellor of the University of Essex, Shami Chakrabarti is one of Britain’s leading Human Rights campaigners and will be joining Sandi on stage for after-dinner conversation.
Shami’s impressive portfolio includes Honorary Professor of Law at the University of Manchester, Honorary Fellow of Mansfield College, Oxford and a Master of the Bench of Middle Temple. She rejoined 39 Essex Chambers in 2016 and was appointed a Labour Peer later that year.
Director of Liberty, the National Council for Civil Liberties from 2003 to 2016, Shami is also a member of the panel of the Leveson Inquiry, the judicial inquiry into UK phone hacking in 2011. She was awarded a CBE in 2007, was one of eight bearers of the Olympic Flag at the opening ceremony of the 2012 Summer Olympics and chaired the Baileys Prize for Women’s Fiction in 2015.
- Tickets priced at £45 to University of Portsmouth alumni and £25 for students.
- Price includes a welcome drink and canapés, followed by a two course meal with wine and coffee.
- Alumni and students are invited to purchase a ticket for one guest who is not an alumnus or student of the University of Portsmouth. These tickets are priced at £45.
- Alumni and/or students may purchase up to 6 tickets in total.
- Tickets will be allocated on a first come first served basis.
- Once you have booked your place, you will be sent a formal ticket in the post in February 2017.
Doors will open at 7pm. It is expected that the event will end at approximately 10.30pm with the Guildhall bar remaining open until midnight.
Gentlemen – Black tie
Ladies – Formal evening wear / cocktail dress
By train – Portsmouth’s city centre train station Portsmouth & Southsea is a two minute walk from Portsmouth Guildhall.
By coach – National Express coaches to Portsmouth arrive at Cambridge Road which is a five minute walk from Portsmouth Guildhall.
By car – Exit the M27 at Junction 12 and follow signs for M275 into the city.
There are a variety of accommodation options to suit all budgets. Visit Portsmouth provides information on different places to stay, getting around the city and what’s on.
Check out highlights from the 2016 event.
UNFORTUNATELY ALL ALUMNI TICKETS HAVE SOLD OUT FOR THIS EVENT. Please email the Alumni Team at firstname.lastname@example.org to be added to the waiting list.Book here