HEFCE Postgraduate Experience Project Scholarships
*Applications for this scholarship programme are now closed. All applicants have been contacted and informed of the outcome of their application.
The University of Portsmouth, in partnership with the Higher Education Council for England (HEFCE) is delighted to offer 40 scholarships for selected Science and Technology Master's courses starting in September 2014.
The University of Portsmouth is one of only 9 English institutions selected by the Government's Higher Education Funding Council for England (HEFCE) to investigate why British Citizens do or do not choose to go on to postgraduate education.
The objectives of the Project are to identify the motivators, enablers and the barriers that either encourage or prevent British citizens residing in the UK participating in full-time and part-time MSc courses in STEM subject areas. The subsequent aim is to make the changes to prompt more students to go on to postgraduate study in the future. Further details about the HEFCE PEP can be found in our guidance document.
There are a range of full and part scholarships available as follows:
- FT full scholarships
- PT full scholarships
- FT contributory scholarships, 60% of full FT scholarship
- PT contributory scholarships 60% of full PT scholarship
- Contributory scholarships of £1,000
Please note: Portsmouth Alumni are entitled to an additional 20% discount on the remaining course fee, if they receive a 60% or £1,000 scholarship.
Eligible University of Portsmouth courses
- MSC Computer and Information Security *
- MSC Forensic Information Technology *
- MSC Information Systems *
- MSC Software Engineering *
- MSC Clinical Exercise Science
- MSC Sports Performance
- MSC Sports Management
- MSC Logistics and Supply Chain Management
- MSC Construction Project Management
- MSC Property Development
- MSC Quantity Surveying
- MSC Crisis and Disaster Management
* only FT full and contributory scholarships are available for these courses
The closing date for applications is Friday 22 August 2014.
- Applicants must have achieved a 2:2 or above at undergraduate level
- Applicants must be a self-funding UK student
- Preference will be given to applicants who live or work in the following postcode areas: All BH, PO and SO codes plus GU27 to GU34 codes.
- Eligible students, who must have been offered a place on one of the taught postgraduate courses listed above, are required to submit an application
- Students who are in receipt of scholarships funded by other industrial companies/organisations to go towards their tuition and academic fees for these programmes, or who for whatever reason have no obligation to pay tuition and/or academic fees; will not be eligible for the Scholarships.
- If allocated a scholarship, you will be required to participate in a research project exploring the motivators, enablers and barriers discouraging or preventing UK citizens to undertake postgraduate study.
- If a scholarship holder suspends from the course, the University will assess the situation on a case by case basis, but reserves the right to terminate the scholarship and reallocate.
Applications will be treated on an individual basis; the type of scholarship awarded will be randomly selected, but you need to state clearly if you are applying for the full-time or part-time mode of study.
If you meet the criteria above, please download the application form below.
|HEFCE PEP Scholarship Guidance||DOCX 70KB|
|HEFCE PEP Scholarship Application Form||DOC 210KB|
|HEFCE PEP Scholarship Guidance (Mac)||PDF 165KB|
|HEFCE PEP Scholarship Application Form (Mac)||PDF 223KB|
For further information please contact:
Dr Carolyne Jacobs
T: 023 9284 5328