Get Award-winning advice from the University of Portsmouth's team of expert career and information advisers, along with input from employers that is invaluable to kick-start your career.
Get advice, get involved and gain skills!
This section will provide information and advice to help you begin to plan your career, make decisions about the type of jobs that might suit you, consider if further study might be the right option and get tips and advice on the application process from CVs to interviews. Once you have done some initial research you can get further advice by talking through your plans with our team at Purple Door.
- Career Planning - Explore the options available after you complete your course, think about what jobs might suit you, discover the skills you have and those that you need to develop. You will also find advice on how to make an action plan, if you are unsure of the path you want your career to take.
- Getting Into Your Chosen Sector - Find out about a wide range of job roles and begin to research sectors that interest you.
- CVs and Applications - Advice and tips on making successful applications, helping you with every stage of the process including writing your CV and covering letters, application forms, interviews, assessment centres and psychometric tests.
- Further study - Information and advice on the courses available, how to apply and possible sources of funding.
- Working globally - Information and resources to help you consider where you want to work, including links to a wide range of country profiles and information on visas.
- Download zone - An online database containing our range of Purple Door leaflets, guides and resources for you to download.