Interviews can be a nerve-wracking experience but it's good to remember that it is your chance to check out an employer and see if you want to work for them as much as it is about the employer interviewing you for a position. Try to bear in mind that you are just having a conversation and that the interviewer will understand that you are nervous. Remember that an interviewer is watching everything so make sure you are friendly and polite to everyone that you come in to contact with at the company.
See the following Prezi for top tips to interview success. For a transcript of 'Interview tips' see the Further advice and information section below.
Further advice and information
- Get your free copy of the 'Interviews guide’ available from Purple Door and learn more useful tips to apply to your interviews.
- Use a range of reference materials, including the 'Making an Impact' DVD, available at Purple Door.
- Visit Prospects and TargetJobs for useful information on interviews.
- Look at Be my interviewer for employers tips on effective interview skills
- Attend a workshop or arrange a mock interview with a Careers Adviser.
- Standout at interviews – tips and advice video from Careerplayer.
- Visit the Download zone for an A–Z list of all our leaflets and guides.
- Disability, equality and diversity (pdf) – for information on disclosing a disability.