Jobs and work experience
Though it can sometimes seem daunting, there are plenty of jobs and opportunities available to students and graduates! It's important to use a wide range of techniques to find the right job for you.
Purple Door can help you with this! We offer advice and guidance across a variety of services, including:
- Advice and Information – to help you with your job search and generating ideas for finding graduate jobs, part-time jobs and volunteering opportunities, working locally and working outside the UK.
- My Purple Door Jobs Board – Log in to My Purple Door to view our online vacancies database, updated on a daily basis. This is available for all University of Portsmouth students, recent graduates and postgraduates. Vacancy types include Full-Time, Part-Time, Volunteering, Summer and Seasonal and Placement Opportunities.
- Volunteering Bank - Visit Purple Door to view our large range of volunteering opportunities. We have many local charities and organisations that need volunteers and this can be a great way to improve your skills and make your CV stand out from the crowd!
- Purple Door Graduate Recruitment Agency – Our dedicated recruitment service for students and graduates of the University of Portsmouth works with many employers to identify great graduate roles and opportunities! You can find more information about this service here Purple Door Recruitment Consultancy .
Purple Door can also help you:
- Find Graduate Jobs – Our recruitment team work directly with final year students and graduates who are clear about the job they want and have invested time in building their CV.
- Find Volunteering Opportunities – The recruitment team work with individual students who have a clear idea of the skills and experience they want to gain, have done their preparation and are ready to be matched with local organisations.