Student Enterprise aim to help University of Portsmouth students & graduates develop their enterprising skills and set up their own businesses/ventures.
What we offer
- Personal Support: free and confidential support & expertise provided at any stage of your idea development
- On-line Resource Centre: online resources to help you start your business and e-mentoring
- Enterprise Challenge: any idea that can make you money or change lives - Cash prizes and more to be won - continuous support from the Centre
- Events and Workshops: a range of events, programmes and workshops to helps students and graduates develop their enterprise skills, including Bootcamps, the Pipeline programme, School for Professional Skills and much more
- Placement Year in Enterprise: a support scheme for students looking to start their own business during their year out in industry
- Business Start Up Hub: a dedicated space for students wanting to establish and develop their business to the point of trading
- Alumni Entrepreneur Network: networking events and support available for UoP alumni who are looking to start their own business or already run their own business
Any kind of initiative/idea will be welcomed and discussed in a friendly and confidential atmosphere - we are here to do all we can to help you achieve your dreams. For further information visit our website at www.port.ac.uk/enterprise
You can also find further information on starting your own business from the following websites:
- Prospects – offering information and advice on the skills and qualities you will need, how to get started, business plans and more.
- Shell LiveWIRE – an online community for young entrepreneurs. You can meet and chat online with other aspiring entrepreneurs, watch 'how to' guides and experts giving top tips for success and get further information and advice from the online Business Library.
- Business Link – the national business advice service providing information for your business needs and access to a wide network of business support organisations in your area.
- StartUp Britain – is a new campaign by entrepreneurs for entrepreneurs. Designed to celebrate, inspire and accelerate enterprise in the UK. The site aims to provide a living market place for the wide range of enterprise support that is already available providing links to resources and offers from corporate supporters.