Events, workshops, courses and mentoring
We offer a wide range of FREE events, workshops and courses each month to give you a range of transferrable skills!
Organised and run by a our professional careers advisers, experts and employers, these events can give you the edge you need to get the work you want! Take a look at our events page to find out more or access your My Purple Door events calendar to book a place.
- Graduate Recruitment and Placement Fair. This is one of the biggest graduate careers fairs on the South Coast, taking place yearly and attracting over fifty-five employers. Come along and speak to large companies within your sector and identify what you can do to get a graduate role with them.
- Employer events. We also run a range of other specific annual fairs, including a Computing Fair, Law Fair, Teaching Fair, Part-time Fair and Volunteering Fair. If you are looking for specific advice for your career, these are excellent opportunities to find out details directly from employers in your sector.
- Employer Presentations are employer-led events that take place at Purple Door. Major graduate recruiters come to talk to University of Portsmouth students about their job opportunities, selection criteria and networking. Opportunities include graduate jobs, industrial placements or summer internships. We also offer many more employer-led events to help you improve your skills! These include mock assessment centres, mock interviews and networking.
- Workshops. Run by professional careers advisers, these workshops help you organise and identify the skills you have gained through part-time work, volunteer position and other activities you take part in.
- Courses. We also have a range of courses available to help you develop new employability and enterprise skills. We bring in experts in a number of fields to train and develop your skills across a range of topics.
- Mentoring. IBM is currently running their mentoring programme for University of Portsmouth first year students. Students get their own personal mentor to help them learn and develop employability and business skills.
Most events are open to all University of Portsmouth students and graduates but some are targeted at particular year groups and/or courses.