In general, there are two main pathways to getting into graduate employment. These are Graduate Schemes (usually offered by larger companies) or Graduate Jobs (usually offered by Small to Medium Enterprises, or "SMEs").
There are many advantages to both routes and our expert advisers can assist you on which is right for you. Remember, Purple Door offers support for graduates for up to five years after graduation!
- MyPurpleDoor Jobs Board. Employers post graduate opportunities on our Jobs Board - My Purple Door. You will be able to find a range of jobs across different sectors and locations including Portsmouth, UK and globally. Go to your 'My Profile' section to update your email alerts and settings for the type of jobs you are looking for.
- Purple Door Recruitment Consultancy. Our in-house agency, run by the University of Portsmouth, the Purple Door Recruitment Consultancy is exclusively for University of Portsmouth students and graduates. Our specialist staff work with you and individual schools and departments across the University of Portsmouth to find the right career path for you. Upload your CV to sign up!
- Events. At Purple Door we organise a wide variety of events, from direct and engaging events with employers to large events with hundreds of employers and experts on hand to advise you. Find out more here.
- Drop-in. Come into Purple Door and meet our friendly staff to get initial careers advice about getting a graduate job in your sector. You can get advice on how to plan your job search, discover transferrable skills from your course and research your chosen sector.
- Careers Advice. Unsure of your career plan? Struggling with an application? Just want useful tips or advice for interviews? You can:
- Take a look at our online advice and resources, including CV writing, applications, career planning and job profiles.
- Book a careers adviser appointment for in-depth careers planning, application advice or a mock interview. Call 023 9284 2684.