My Purple Door
My Purple Door is our bespoke online system for all University of Portsmouth Students and Graduates. Through this easy-to-use system, you can find:
We have a wide variety of part-time jobs that are designed for students to fit around your studies. From retail to care, we aim to pick out a variety of sectors to fit your needs and boost your CV for when you graduate.
Once you have graduated, we can support you for five years afterwards by putting you in touch with fantastic local graduate employers. We also host a variety of internships and schemes to fast-track you in to your ideal career.
Don't forget to also check out our Graduate Recruitment Consultancy, who can work with you to find the ideal graduate job in the South!
We can also put you in touch with some fantastic local volunteering roles via our Virtual Volunteering Bank - this is an ideal way to boost your CV as well as giving something back to the community!
You can also keep up to date on the many fantastic employability events we run throughout the year. Book your place and get reminders, as well as manage your time to get the most out of it
We are also looking to expand the services much more as time goes on, to include things like enterprise clinics, advice and guidance and many more features.
MyPurpleDoor is your main resource for improving your career opportunities both during and after your time at University. So sign up today!
You can now book a 20 minute appointment (in person or via telephone) for assistance with quick queries. Simply log in to your account above and follow the instructions provided!
What we can do as part of these 20 minute appointments:
- CV review
- Covering letter and personal statement reviews
- Help with using My Purple Door
- Job search (graduate, part-time, placements, internships)
- Advice on assessment centres and psychometric tests
- A general discussion on how to prepare for an interview
- A general discussion on writing an application form
- A general options discussion
- Overview of postgraduate study
- Information on working in the UK
- Information on working abroad
- Finding voluntary work
If you need help with something further, we can still help you out but you would need to book a full appointment with a careers adviser. Simply give us a ring on 02392 842684 to do so!
Some of the options we can help with as part of these fuller appointments include:
- Comprehensive application form review
- Mock interviews
- Advice on changing or leaving a course
- Detailed careers guidance
- Provide guidance on entry into University