The Student and Graduate Enterprise offers confidential information and advice to help you gain essential enterprise skills, We can help your business, product, or service grow!
An ‘enterprise’ is defined as any of the following: a commercial venture, business, social enterprise, charity or community interest company; or setting up in freelance, consultancy, self-employment and as a sole trader.
- Drop-in enterprise clinics. Got a business idea, want to be your own boss or have an enterprise question? Come along to the Enterprise Clinic at Purple Door for advice from our expert enterprise advisers on Wednesdays 2pm - 4pm and Fridays 9.30am - 11.30am. Check the times on our Facebook page.
If you can’t make a drop in clinic email us firstname.lastname@example.org to book an appointment.
- Start-up course. This is a free four-part course that runs all year round for students and graduates that includes: Think Through, Develop Station (2 parts) and Take Flight.
- Events and workshops. Improve your enterprise skills! Use these skills in future job applications or help you start up a business. Find out more.
- Self-employment placement year. At the University of Portsmouth we offer students the opportunity to do a self-employment year. Email email@example.com for more information.
- Funding and grants. There are a range of funding and grants available to startups. Visit the 'resources' page on the nest community for more information or contact the Enterprise team.
- Workspace. We offer working space to current students and graduates (within the last 5 years) giving you the opportunity to develop your idea and collaborate with other entrepreneurs.
- Alumni Entrepreneur Support Network. Networking events and support is available for UoP alumni who are looking to start their own business or already run their own business. Join the discussion on our Alumni Entrepreneur LinkedIn Group.
For more information please contact Student and Graduate Enterprise directly by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org or calling 023 9284 3865.