Centre for Counter Fraud Studies
Counter Fraud and Forensic Accounting Conference 2012
The Centre for Counter Fraud Studies (CCFS) and the Department of Accounting and Finance (DAF) at the University of Portsmouth held the 2012 Counter Fraud and Forensic Accounting Conference on Monday 11th June in the Portland Building and l featured a full programme of plenary speakers and paper sessions. The CCFS and DAF were partnered with PKF and the ICT Knowledge Transfer Network - Cyber Security to bring you this conference.
Professor Lisa Jack
- Tackling Fraud and Error in Government
Lesley Hume, Executive Director; Fraud, Error and Debt, Cabinet Office
Katharine Davidson, Executive Director Strategy Team, Cabinet Office.
View video (Lesley Hume) / View video (Katherine Davidson)
- Reaping the New Competitive Advantage through Countering Fraud
Jim Gee, Director of Counter Fraud Services, PKF.
- Issues in Forensic Accounting
Alex Plavsic, Partner and Head of Forensics KPMG UK
- What works in Detecting Deception
Sharon Leal, Senior Research Fellow, University of Portsmouth.
- Opening up the Sanctions Toolbox to Counter Fraud
Dr Mark Button, Director of the Centre for Counter Fraud Studies
- Meet the Author: How to be a Successful Frauditor
- Fraud and Football clubs: In Danger of Victimisation?
Dr Graham Brooks, University of Portsmouth
- Fraud and Corruption in the Military
Rt Hon Bruce George
- The Intellectual Property Rights Centre
Greg Mandoli, US Department of Homeland Security, US Embassy
- Prosecution or injunction? An investigation into enforcement orders made under Part 8 of the Enterprise Act 2002 as a means to enforce consumer protection law.
Garreth Cameron, Principal Trading Standards Officer at Hampshire County
- Occupational Fraud
David Shepherd, Researcher, University of Portsmouth
- Mandating the Measurement of Fraud
Martin Tunley, Lecturer, Birmingham City University
- Tackling Claims Fraud Over the Telephone
Sally Griffiths, VFM Services Ltd.
- Strategies for Online Security
Rob Hadfield, Head of Online Content, Getsafeonline
- Profile of a Cyber Fraudster
Andy Crocker, Chief Operating Officer CyByl
Azeem Aleem, Principal Lecturer University of Portsmouth
- Online Financially Motivated Cyber Crime
Michael Paisley, Head of Operational Risk at Santander
- Protecting organisations from cyber fraud?
David Lacey, Director of Research at Information System Security Association UK Chapter