Centre for European and International Studies Research
Mr Daniel Ivanus
- Qualifications: BA Philology (University of Craiova, Romania), MA Applied Linguistics (University of Reading, U.K.)
- Role Title: PhD Student
- Address: Park Building, King Henry 1 Street, Portsmouth PO1 2DZ
- Telephone: 023 9284 6033
- Email: email@example.com
- Department: Centre for European and International Studies Research
- Faculty: Faculty of Humanities and Social Sciences
My PhD research investigates the Construction of European Identity, focusing on the discursive legitimisation and representation in European Commission texts. I believe that it is particularly important to understand how identity is constructed and represented in organisational texts and how the tension that exists between the formation of Europeanization versus nationalism and regionalism is reflected in the European Union public discourse.
The PhD research intends to adopt an interdisciplinary approach to researching European identity construction, combining theories from various areas of social sciences and humanities, as well as constructing a methodological approach that links sociolinguistics, discourse analysis and corpus analysis. The manifold relationships between language and identity, as well as between multilingual repertoires and plural identities, are all part of my PhD proposal.
- Discourse Analysis
- European Language Policies