Centre for European and International Studies Research
Mr Tobias Reckling
- Qualifications: Magister Artium in Modern History, Political Science and Sociology (Free University Berlin)
- Role Title: PhD Student
- Address: Park Building, King Henry 1 Street, Portsmouth PO1 2DZ
- Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Department: Centre for European and International Studies Research
- Faculty: Faculty of Humanities and Social Sciences
My PhD project examines the perception of the Spanish transition to democracy (1975-82) in Germany, France and Great Britain. The aim of this research is to find out which national, political and/or historical frames were applied to understanding and evaluating the Spanish transition in British, German and French mass media. This approach will be complemented by an analysis of the production of the respective news coverage by the foreign correspondents in Spain.
My academic interests are mainly centred on contemporary European history, memory cultures, the history of media and communication, national identity, museum studies, comparative and transnational history. Before coming to Portsmouth I studied Modern History, Political Science and Sociology at the Free University of Berlin, the Erasmus University Rotterdam, and the Complutense University of Madrid. After receiving my degree in 2008, I worked for the German Historical Museum and the Museum of Film and Television in Berlin.
- Transnational Europe
- International Relations
- Cultural Studies
- Area Studies
Current research: PhD project ‘The perception of the Spanish transition in Germany, France and Great Britain’