Centre for European and International Studies Research
Ms Imene Medfouni
- Role Title: PhD Student
- Address: Park Building, King Henry 1 Street, Portsmouth PO1 2DZ
- Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Department: Centre for European and International Studies Research
- Faculty: Faculty of Humanities and Social Sciences
Imene Medfouni received her MA in Applied Linguistics and TEFL on the methodologies of teaching and learning English as a foreign language; prior to which she received her BA in Linguistics from Larbi Ben M'Hidi University, Oum El Bouaghi, Algeria. She is currently a PhD student at the School of Languages and Area Studies, University of Portsmouth. Her doctoral research project engages working on language policy and planning in former French colonies with a particular research emphasis on the status of English as a medium of instruction (henceforth EMI) in contemporary Algerian Higher Education. She is particularly interested in exploring the Top-Bottom levels controlling language policy and planning, as well as classroom languages in higher education. Her major research focus centres around the multidimensional triangle: policies, practises and attitudes towards the notion of EMI in higher education.
- EMI, World Englishes, Language Policy and Planning, Multilingualism and Language Conflict.
- Language Across Borders