Centre for European and International Studies Research
Ms Sarra Menal Ferkache
- Qualifications: BA (Didactics of English language) (Bechar University, Algeria), MA (Didactics of English language) (Bechar University, Algeria)
- Role Title: PhD Student
- Address: Park Building, King Henry 1 Street, Portsmouth PO1 2DZ
- Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Department: Centre for European and International Studies Research
- Faculty: Faculty of Humanities and Social Sciences
Sarra is currently a PhD candidate at Portsmouth University; prior to which she received her BA and MA in Didactics of English language at Bechar University, Algeria. Sarra is now interested in sociology and more specifically in contemporary Algerian Studies, National Algerian History, Immigration and Refugee Studies, Postcolonial Citizenship, Identity and Belonging.
In her PhD research project, Sarra is documenting foreigners’ experience and how the host country manages their flow. She is particularly conducting a qualitative study on the normative force of Algerianess. Sarra is interested in finding how power and democracy ensure congruency between ideal and reality between intentions and their implementation.
- Citizenship, ‘Race’, and Belonging (CRaB)
- Francophone Africa
- Algerian National History
- Immigration and refugee studies