Centre for European and International Studies Research
Ms Zoé de Kerangat
- Qualifications: BA Liberal Arts & Sciences (cum laude) (University College Utrecht, The Netherlands), MA Contemporary History (Universidad Complutense de Madrid, Spain)
- Role Title: PhD Student
- Address: Park Building, King Henry 1 Street, Portsmouth PO1 2DZ
- Telephone: 023 9284 6033
- Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Department: Centre for European and International Studies Research
- Faculty: Faculty of Humanities and Social Sciences
My PhD project investigates to what extent memory discourses in Spain have become more transnational since 2000, drawing upon foreign discourses from Latin America and Germany, for instance. In particular, I focus on transnational representation and negotiation of memory in museums. I study institutions in different regions of Spain and their representation of 20th century history of the country or the region. The aim of the project is to understand the intentions the museum practitioners have behind the choice for a particular narrative of the past presented to the public, and whether there are transnational or transcultural elements in those intentions. My research interests are memory studies, history & memory, contemporary history of Spain, transnational and transcultural studies, public history.
- Contemporary history
- Memory studies
- Spanish studies
Current Research Projects
- PhD: (Working title) Connecting histories: Museums in Spain mediating memory discourses across borders.