Centre for European and International Studies Research
Dr Sean Roberts
- Qualifications: BA (Politics, University of Bath), MA, PhD (Politics, University of Birmingham)
- Role Title: Lecturer in International Relations and Politics
- Address: Milldam, Burnaby Road, Portsmouth, Hants PO1 3AS
- Telephone: 023 9284 2798
- Email: email@example.com
- Department: School of Social, Historical and Literary Studies
- Faculty: Faculty of Humanities and Social Sciences
I received my PhD from the Centre for Russian, European and Eurasian Studies (CREES), University of Birmingham (UK) in 2010. Prior to taking up this post at the University of Portsmouth, I was a visiting research fellow at the Norwegian Institute of International Affairs, the Aleksanteri Institute (University of Helsinki) and the OSCE Academy in Bishkek, Kyrgyzstan. I also worked as a senior research fellow on the EU’s Eastern Neighbourhood Programme at the Finnish Institute of International Affairs.
I have conducted extensive fieldwork in Russia, Central Asia and the South Caucasus. My research interests include Russian domestic and foreign policy, post-Soviet party politics, authoritarian regime dynamics and regional integration. My recent research has focused on the Eurasian Economic Union and Russia's relations with Armenia.
I am the unit coordinator for Russian and Eurasian Politics and Global Issues and teach on a range of units including, Current Political Issues, Introduction to International Relations, International Politics and Regional Powers, Politics and Security. I am currently Level 4 Year Tutor.
- Russian domestic politics
- Russian foreign policy
- Authoritarian regime dynamics
- Regional integration