Centre for European and International Studies Research
Ms Catharine Russell
- Role Title: Senior Lecturer in Journalism
- Address: Milldam, Burnaby Road, Portsmouth, Hants PO1 3AS
- Telephone: 023 9284 2193
- Email: email@example.com
- Department: School of Social, Historical and Literary Studies
- Faculty: Faculty of Humanities and Social Sciences
Catharine Russell is a former journalist and PR practitioner. She spent several years as Features Editor at the Press Association, Britain’s national news agency, responsible for generating a broad range of daily feature material for syndication to national and regional newspapers, broadcasters and consumer magazines.
She went on to become an assistant editor at Teletext, the former ITV and Channel 4 text service, managing a large team of writers and directing the round-the-clock features content across the company’s television services and web and mobile platforms.
She began her career as a reporter, feature writer and sub-editor on regional newspapers and more recently has worked in marketing and PR at a number of UK universities.
Catharine delivers a range of journalism and public relations units.
Single and combined honours journalism:
Unit coordinator for:
- Digital Skills for Journalists
- Newsroom Production
- Press and Public Relations
- The pedagogy of journalism education
- Journalism and citizenship
- Journalism and democracy