Centre of Forensic Interviewing
Ms Annalise Vineer
- Qualifications: MSc Forensic Accounting (Portsmouth University), Fellowship of the Chartered Insurance Institute
- Role Title: PhD Student
- Address: St George's Building, 141 High Street, Portsmouth PO1 2HY
- Telephone: 023 9284 3927
- Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Department: Institute of Criminal Justice Studies
- Faculty: Faculty of Humanities and Social Sciences
Annalise completed her MSc in Forensic Accounting through the University of Portsmouth in 2013, with her final dissertation examining the application of cognitive interviewing practices across the UK financial services sector. Having worked in insurance for over 20 years, it was apparent to Annalise that fraud detection techniques were inadequate and her knowledge of cognitive interviewing, gained through undertaking the MSc, led her to believe that a viable solution was available, if the industry would be prepared to change its approach.
Having moved into banking in 2011, Annalise discovered a similar problem to that faced within the insurance industry, this time in respect of the questioning abilities of those investigating suspicious transactions. Her enthusiasm for the subject matter has spurred her on to conduct further research, specifically involving Anti Money Laundering issues affecting global banking. Her findings will form part of her final thesis for the Professional Doctorate in Criminal Justice Studies that she is currently undertaking.