Continuing Professional Development (CPD)
A Day of Minimal Intervention Dentistry
- Date: 6 April 2018
- Time: 9.00am - 4.45pm
- Speaker(s): Michael Thomas, Senior Teaching Fellow and Specialist Clinical Teacher, department of Conservative & MI Dentistry, KCL Dental Institute at Guy's Hospital.
- Cost: £195.00
- Hours: 6
MI dentistry is the holistic oral healthcare team approach to help maintain long-term oral health with primarily prevention-focused, patient centred care plans combined with the dutiful management of patients’ expectations. As this concept is adopted in dental practices, this course seeks to demonstrate how this can be applied in a primary care setting.
By attending this course the candidates will:
- Learn how to carry out a risk assessment for new and established patients.
- Carry out saliva testing and learn how this relates to disease risk status.
- Learn about how every member of the dental practice team can be involved in MI dental care.
- Consider Mi approaches to cavity preparation, direct and indirect restorations.