Continuing Professional Development (CPD)
- Date: 11 December 2017
- Time: 9am - 4.45pm
- Speaker(s): Nikki Legg, Dental Nurse at the University of Portsmouth Dental Academy
- Cost: £150
- Hours: 6
This course will teach delegates how to use DSLR equipment to produce good, quality images. It will enable them to understand camera settings and functions and give them basic knowledge of general photography.
The practical aspect of the course will show delegates correct positioning of retractors and mirrors, how to use this equipment to get good images and the types of images they may wish to use as their standard record of the patient. We will also discuss data protection, what is appropriate and what is inappropriate regards to equipment is and how we share information.
This course will aim to
- provide guidance, information and advice on choosing appropriate camera equipment for practice
- demonstrate the use of photography as a diagnostic, marketing and educational tool in practice
- provide appropriate, basic camera skills in dental photography and general photography
- discuss and explore medico-legal, record keeping and consent issues regarding to dental photography