Continuing Professional Development (CPD)
- Date: 9 March 2018
- Time: 9.00am - 4.45pm
- Speaker(s): Michael Thomas, Senior Teaching Fellow, Specialist Clinical Teacher, Conservative & MI Dentistry KCL Dental Institute at Guy's Hospital. Mark Patterson, Dental Technician & Laboratory Owner. Steve McDonagh, Technician and CEO of a Microsoft Gold Partner. Caroline Corbett, has worked in dentistry for 20 years and has had a varied career centered around improving the aesthetics of customers.
- Cost: £195.00
- Hours: 6
This hands-on course aims to take the dentists and dental nurses on a journey from start to finish of incorporating digital impression techniques into everyday dental practice.
By attending this course you will:
- Be able to appreciate the various applications and benefits of intra-oral scanning and impression scanning and the associated bite registration needed to achieve a good ICP.
- Understand the role and interface with the dental laboratory, thereby increasing communications and enhancing their prosthetic skills.
- Be given hands on experience in using the intra-oral scanners, reviewing the scans, cropping flak from images, understanding the pit falls and limitations.
- Develop an understanding of the new restoration types that can be produced in our digital age, along with the processes to complete them.
- Understand the components required for implant scanning.
- Develop the use of dental nurses to improve the surgery and digital workflow.
- Understand what internet connection is required to future proof the surgery.
- Observe the process of a scan, design, mill and finish of a restoration using a selected scan.