Continuing Professional Development (CPD)
- Date: 15 March 2018
- Time: 9.30am - 4.15pm
- Speaker(s): Ian Hamilton - a registered dentist with a background in radiation protection and an MSc in Dental and Maxillofacial Radiology.
- Cost: £80.00
- Hours: 5
This one-day update course meets the requirements of the IR(ME)R 2000 for the continuing training for all members of the dental team. The requirements for verifiable CPD of five hours every five years can be achieved by attending this course, which takes the form of a lecture but with emphasis on clinical content.
By attending this course the candidates will understand:
- Properties of ionising radiation the hazards associated with its use for dental radiography
- The relevance of selection criteria to clinical decisions regarding radiographic imaging overall dose reduction
- Statutory requirements for dental practitioners DCPs under current UK legislation
- Modern imaging techniques equipment including digital radiography CBCT scanners.