Continuing Professional Development (CPD)
Minor oral surgery in general dental practice: a hands-on practical course
- Date: 16 March 2018
- Time: 8.45am - 4.45pm
- Venue: University of Portsmouth
- Speaker(s): Latha Davda, Clinical Director at the University of Portsmouth Dental Academy
- Cost: £195.00
- Hours: 6
The aim of this course is to increase the knowledge and skills in minor oral surgical procedures commonly undertaken in general dental practice. The surgical procedures will be simulated in special oral surgery models.
The course focuses on removing fractured teeth, roots and wisdom teeth.
By attending this course the candidates will:
- train in the theory and practice of minor oral surgery that can be safely undertaken in primary care, including principles of flap design, tooth sectioning, safe bone removal and suturing to aid surgical removal of fractured teeth, surgical removal of uncomplicated third molars and root removal
- provide training in effective local anaesthesia techniques for dento-alveolar surgery
- discuss the management of intra-operative and post-operative complications associated with minor oral surgery
- know how to set up instrumentation for minor oral surgery