Continuing Professional Development (CPD)
New techniques in managing caries
- Date: 30 November 2017
- Time: 9.00am - 4.45pm
- Speaker(s): Professor Tim F Watson, Professor of Biomaterials and Restorative Dentistry and Honorary Consultant in Restorative Dentistry at King’s College London Dental Institute, Guy’s Hospital.
- Cost: £195.00
- Hours: 6
The techniques described in this course are at the cutting edge of the science of caries. They will enable practitioners to explore the use of modern ideas to be able to restore advanced tissue destruction without the use of laboratory work. This will enable the practitioner to test advanced restorative work without the need to move to destructive crown and bridge work, improving patient comfort, yet controlling costs.
By attending this course you will:
1. Understand the mechanisms which produce carious lesions in enamel and dentine.
2. Understand how different preparation techniques can be used to produce more conservative interventions.
3. Understand how restorations can be made to bond and seal caries affected tissues.
4. Appreciate the principles of biomineralisation as produced by new remineralising materials and their use in management of the pulp in deep cavities.Book