Continuing Professional Development (CPD)
Prescribing Radiographs course for Dental Hygienists and Dental Therapists (IRMER update included)
- Date: 15 June 2018
- Time: 9.00am - 4.45pm
- Speaker(s): Otto Sparrius, Dentist and Clinical Teaching Fellow, University of Portsmouth Dental Academy & Shelley Blane, Senior Lecturer at the School of Health Sciences & Social Work, University of Portsmouth
- Cost: £120.00
- Hours: 6
The course aims to enable the dental hygienists and dental therapists to prescribe, justify and interpret radiographs. Includes IRMER update
By attending this course, delegates will:
- Have an update on current guidelines in prescribing radiographs in general dental practice
- Demonstrate (within their scope of practice)how to justify (prescribe) and quality assess the radiographs taken
- Demonstrate (within their scope of practice) how to interpret and produce radiographic reports and undertake audits for quality of radiographs
A CPD certificate of attendance will be awarded for attendance (further information available on online booking site)
A certificate of competence will be awarded once delegates submit:
- Evidence of 10 supervised radiographs.
- A report on two sets of bitewings + one anterior and one posterior PA.