Continuing Professional Development (CPD)
Suture Removal and Rubber Dam Placement – Additional skills course for Dental Nurses
- Date: 16 February 2018
- Time: 1.00pm - 4.00pm
- Venue: University of Portsmouth
- Cost: £80.00
- Hours: 4
This hands-on course is a refresher for those who want to update their knowledge and practical skills in rubber dam placement and suture removal.
Rubber dam placement and suture removal are additional skills that a dental nurse can undertake under the prescription of a dentist. Dental nurses can enhance their practice by learning additional skills as enumerated in the GDC Scope of Practice.
By attending this course the candidates will:
- Have an understanding of techniques used to control moisture in oral cavity for restorative procedures
- learn a step wise approach in placing rubber dam and managing cases
- Have an understanding of common oral surgical procedures where sutures may be placed
- Know the suture materials used in oral cavity
- Know the complications involved with suturing and suture removal