The Dental Academy only recruits new adult patients via the NHS 111 Dental Advisory Service. If you wish to become a patient please check the Hampshire Dental Helpline website for patient recruitment updates.
The Dental Academy accepts children under the age of 16 at all times. If you are a parent or guardian and wish to make an appointment for your child please call 023 92 845285.
The Dental Academy provides high quality dental care to patients delivered by our students. All student treatments are supervised to a high standard and are free. We are looking for patients who our student teams can treat as part of their training.
What treatments do students offer?
Teams of student dentists, dental therapists/hygienists and dental nurses offer the full range of NHS treatment including:
- Oral Health Promotion
- Fillings and Preventative Treatment
- Gum Treatment
- Crowns and Bridgework
- Root Canal Fillings
Is treatment by a student different?
Students work slowly so your appointment will take longer and you will need to attend several appointments. However, all students’ work is checked at relevant stages by qualified dental professionals so you can be sure you are receiving a good standard of care.
Could I have treatment at the Dental Academy?
The Dental Academy will benefit those who are happy to be treated by student teams in a supervised modern clinical setting and who
- do not currently have a dentist
- are available during the day and sometimes for long appointments (typically 1.5 hours)
- are able to come to multiple appointments
Patient Satisfaction Surveys
We are continually trying to improve the services we provide to patients. To help us facilitate this we ask our patients for their views and opinions via our patient satisfaction survey. Patients are encouraged to complete a survey at the end of each course of treatment. Reports, which include patient’s comments as well as a graphical representation of their satisfaction ratings, are produced on a quarterly basis. These are shared with all staff, students and NHS England. Patients and members of the public can view the reports on our website and displayed in our waiting area.
- Patient Satisfaction Survey Report Q01 2016 2017 (.pdf): Survey Report Q01 2016 2017
- Patient Survey Comments Q01 2016 2017 (.pdf): Survey Comments Q01 2016 2017
- Patient Satisfaction Survey Report October-March 2017 (.pdf): Survey Report Oct- March 2016 2017
- Patient Survey Comments Oct- March 2017 (.pdf): Survey Comments Oct-March 2017
- Patient Satisfaction Survey UPDA Apr - Sept 2017 (.pdf): Comments Patient Survey Apr - Sept 2017
- Patient Satisfaction Survey Graphs April 2017 - Sept 2017 (.pdf): Patient Satisfaction Survey Graphs April 2017 - Sept 2017