- Qualifications: Stat Exam (UK), MSc in Dental Implantology, FDS RCS, M Surg Dent, FHEA
- Role Title: Clinical Director
- Address: Dental Academy William beatty bldg Hampshire terrace PO12QG
- Telephone: 023 92 848306
- Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Department: Dental Academy
- Faculty: Science
I started my career as an assistant professor in oral and maxillofacial surgery, Mangalore University, India. In the United Kingdom, I have been involved in providing clinical care for patients in secondary care setting in oral and maxillofacial departments in several hospitals across England and Scotland. For the past ten years, I have been involved in providing dental care in the primary setting in the NHS and private sector.
I joined the University of Portsmouth Dental Academy in 2006. I am currently responsible for management of the Introduction to human sciences Unit and the Oral Surgery and Oral Medicine Units on the Dental Hygiene and therapy programme. I am also involved in teaching on the Certificate of Dental Nursing programme. I am involved in the clinical supervision of students at all levels.
Additional roles at the Academy include:
- Personal Tutor
- Coordinator for the ‘No smoking Day’ and the ‘mouth cancer awareness day’
- Staff clinics
I own a dental practice in Hampshire and have a duty of care to the patients and staff of the practice.
Unit Co-Ordinator for:
- Introduction to Human sciences P21735
- Oral Surgery and Oral Medicine P21745
I undertake all aspects of primary care dentistry with special interest in oral surgery and implant dentistry and treatment of anxious patients under sedation.
I am currently undertaking a MPhil/PhD. My area of research is the international dental graduates working in UK.