- Role Title: Associate Head of Education
- Address: Dental Academy William Beatty Building Hampshire Terrace Portsmouth PO1 2QG
- Telephone: 023 92 845379
- Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Department: Dental Academy
- Faculty: Science
I have worked as a Dental Hygienist, Principal Lecturer in UPDA, Quality Assurance, now Associate Head Education, University of Portsmouth Dental Academy, registered with the General Dental Council.
As the Associate Head Education I am responsible for the student experience within UPDA. This means listening to and responding to the student voice. I am a member of the Faculty of Science Learning and Teaching Committee and liaise closely with the Departmental admissions team.
Having achieved the MA Learning and Teaching from the University of Portsmouth I am now currently undertaking the Doctorate in Education (part time) at the University of Southampton in the School Of Education. My research interest is in preclinical simulation; the effect of new technologies on student learning and on learning and teaching practice.
- Simulation, education for patient safety, the provision of care to a diverse range of patients.
- The development of post graduate education for Dental Care Professionals
- Lifelong learning and access to Continued Professional Development for qualified professionals.