Department of Mathematics
Dr Banafsheh Khosravi
- Qualifications: BSc MSc FHEA PhD
- Role Title: Senior Lecturer
- Address: Lion Gate Building, Lion Terrace, Portsmouth PO1 3HF UK
- Telephone: +44 (0)23 9284 6373
- Email: email@example.com
- Department: Department of Mathematics
- Faculty: Faculty of Technology
I am a Senior Lecturer in Operational Research and a member of the Logistics, Operational Research and Analytics Research Group (LORA) in the Department of Mathematics at the University of Portsmouth. My main research interests are in the areas of optimisation, scheduling, heuristics and their applications in health care and transportation.
I did my PhD in Management Science - Operational Research at the University of Southampton, UK. I obtained an MSc in Industrial Engineering from the Eastern Mediterranean University, Cyprus and a BSc degree in Industrial Engineering from Amirkabir University of Technology (Tehran Polytechnic), Iran. I was a Research Associate in the Health and Social Care Modelling Group (HSCMG) at the University of Westminster. I have teaching experience as a lecturer and a teaching assistant in various topics in the School of Management and School of Mathematics at the University of Southampton, Department of Business Information Systems at the University of Westminster and Department of Industrial Engineering at the Eastern Mediterranean University. I also worked as a programmer in a joint European Space Agency (ESA) project between five European universities. I had scholarships from University of Southampton and Eastern Mediterranean University for my PhD and MSc studies.
- Unit Lecturer, Operational Research (M251)
- Unit Coordinator and Lecturer, Modern Computational Methods for Operational Research and Logistics (M353)
- Unit Coordinator and Lecturer, Supply Chain Management (M451)
- Unit Coordinator, Masters Logistics Project (M450)