Department of Mathematics
Dr Chee Khian Sim
- Qualifications: BSc (Hons) MSc PhD
- Role Title: Lecturer
- Address: Lion Gate Building, Lion Terrace, Portsmouth PO1 3HF UK
- Telephone: +44 (0)23 9284 6788
- Email: email@example.com
- Department: Department of Mathematics
- Faculty: Faculty of Technology
I am a lecturer with the Department of Mathematics, and a member of the Centre for Operational Research and Logistics (CORL), at the University of Portsmouth. My main duties and responsibilities include teaching operational research course units, as well as research in optimisation/operational research.
I obtained my PhD (specialising in optimisation) in 2005 from the National University of Singapore, and MSc (also specialising in optimisation) from the University of Washington, Seattle. I have been with the National University of Singapore and The Hong Kong Polytechnic University for a number of years before joining the Mathaematics department at Portsmouth.
My research interests include semi-definite programming: theory and application, supply chain management and subgradient methods.
- M353: Modern Computational Methods for Operational Research and Logistics
- M454: Logistics Modelling