Department of Psychology
Dr Alistair Harvey
- Qualifications: BSc (Hons), MSc, PGCE, PhD
- Role Title: Senior Lecturer
- Address: King Henry Building, King Henry I Street, Portsmouth, PO1 2DY
- Telephone: 023 9284 6336
- Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Department: Psychology
- Faculty: Faculty of Science
After completing my PhD in experimental memory research at the University of Reading in 2006, I took up a lecturing post in the department of psychology at the University of Winchester. This was followed in 2013 by a move to the USA, where I held consecutive academic psychology positions at the University of South Carolina Upstate, the University of North Georgia, and Western Carolina University. I then returned to England in August, 2016 to join this department.
- Associate Fellow of the British Psychological Society
- Chartered Member of the British Psychological Society
- Fellow of the Higher Education Academy
- BPS Cognitive Section
- APA Society for the Teaching of Psychology
- Association for Psychological Science
I currently teach and coordinate the Research Methods & Analysis 2 (U21615) and Introduction to Psychological Science (U23773) units, and supervise BSc and MSc project students.
I am a member of the Department’s International Centre for Research in Forensic Psychology (ICRFP) with major interests in the effects of acute alcohol intoxication on spatial attention, face identification and eyewitness memory. In addition, I conduct basic memory research exploring the structure and processes of human episodic memory, and I have also published papers on the teaching and learning of psychology in higher education.