Department of Psychology
Dr Alessandra Fasulo
- Qualifications: PhD
- Role Title: Senior Lecturer
- Address: King Henry Building, King Henry 1st Street, Portsmouth, Hampshire, PO1 2DY
- Telephone: 023 9284 2034
- Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Department: Department of Psychology
- Faculty: Faculty of Science
I have been Senior Lecturer in Psychology at Portsmouth since 2009. Before that I was lecturer at the University Sapienza of Rome (Italy) where I also did my PhD. I trained in Conversation Analysis and ethnography at UCLA. My PhD investigated autobiographical accounts in psychotherapy, looking at narratives in interaction. I have subsequently done research on family and workplace communication, and am currently interested in communication in mental health and intellectual disabilities.
I am a member of the Centre for Situated Action & Communication.
For the BSc Psychology and BSc Forensic Psychology:
- Quantitative and Qualitative Data Analysis
- Careers in Psychology (Unit Coordinator)
- Language and Communication
For the APID and CFS Distance Learning Master Programmes:
- Quantitative and Qualitative research Methods
I supervise undergraduate and PhD projects on communicative practices and autobiographical narratives.
Social interaction and children’s language socialisation. Narrative. Space and objects in autobiographical remembering. Communication practices in mental health and learning disabilities. Ethnographic methods and conversation analysis in psychological research.