Department of Psychology
Dr Axelle Philippon
- Qualifications: BSc, PGDip, MSc, PhD
- Role Title: Associate Lecturer
- Address: King Henry Building, King Henry 1st Street, Portsmouth, Hampshire, PO1 2DY
- Telephone: (0)23 9284 6312
- Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Department: Department of Psychology
- Faculty: Faculty of Science
I came to the University of Portsmouth in 2000 to complete a MSc in Criminal Justice Studies, followed by PhD in forensic psychology (awarded in 2006). My thesis was entitled ‘social, cognitive and methodological aspects in earwitness identification’. I have worked in the Department of Psychology as an associate lecturer since 2001. In addition to working at the University of Portsmouth, I also teach distance-learning students from the Open University.
Much of my teaching is with the Msc in Child Forensic Studies: Forensic and Law. I have taught on this master’s course periodically for over five years, offering feedback and support for students and engages in students’ discussions via the Virtual Learning Environment. I am also part of the MSc project’s supervision team. Lastly, I also work at Undergraduate level on various roles (e.g., support tutoring, marking).
My research interests lie in the area of memory and witness testimony/identification. More specifically, I have a keen interest in the under-researched topic that is earwitness identification.