Department of Psychology
Dr Karl Nunkoosing
- Qualifications: PhD
- Role Title: Principal Lecturer
- Address: King Henry Building, King Henry 1st Street, Portsmouth, Hampshire, PO1 2DY
- Telephone: 023 9284 6339
- Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Department: Department of Psychology
- Faculty: Faculty of Science
I am a member of the Quality of Life, Health and Wellbeing Research Group in the Department of Psychology. My teaching and research interests are mainly informed by Critical Disability Studies and Critical Discourse Analysis.
I am the Course Leader for the MSc Applied Psychology of Intellectual Disabilities and also teach on the BSc (Hons) Psychology.
Men and Masculinities: Elderly men as carers of wives with dementia, Fathers of disabled sons and daughters, constructions of challenging behaviour in services for people with learning disabilities and Embodiment. The academic attainments of student form Black and Ethnic Minority in Higher Education. My theoretical work relates to the concept of Empowerment.