Department of Psychology
Dr Mark Haydon-Laurelut
- Qualifications: PhD, BSc (Hons), PG Dip (Systemic Theory & Practice), MSc (APLD), Cert. (Social Construction and Therapeutic Practice), PG Dip (Systemic Therapy)
- Role Title: Senior Lecturer
- Address: King Henry Building, Kind Henry 1st Street, Portsmouth, Hampshire, PO1 2DY
- Telephone: 023 9284 6324
- Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Department: Department of Psychology
- Faculty: Faculty of Science
I work two days per week in the Department as a Senior Lecturer. In addition to working at the University I am also a Systemic Psychotherapist working in the NHS. My therapeutic work is primarily with adults with Intellectual Disabilities (Learning Disabilities) and their systems of significant relationships.
Much of my work is with the MSc Applied Psychology of Intellectual Disabilities programme and I am unit co-ordinator for 'Family, Intellectual Disability and Systemic Practice' and ‘Participatory and Enabling Practices’. I supervise MSc research dissertations, particularly those employing qualitative methods. I also teach on the BSc option ‘Issues in Clinical and Health Psychology’.
My current interests encompass critical interrogations of services for men and women with intellectual disability, the intersections between therapy and disability and the development and elaboration of critical systemic practice in working with disabled people.