Department of Psychology
Mrs Rhiannon Merritt
- Qualifications: BSc
- Role Title: Course Administrator
- Address: King Henry Building, King Henry 1st Street, Portsmouth, Hampshire, PO1 2DY
- Telephone: 023 9284 6532
- Email: email@example.com
- Department: Department of Psychology
- Faculty: Faculty of Science
I joined the Psychology Administration Office team as Course Administrator in March 2011. I provide administrative support for the distance learning courses in MSc Child Forensic Studies: Psychology and Law and the MSc Applied Psychology of Intellectual Disabilities. I also provide support to PhD students within the department.
I was previously a student at the University of Portsmouth and completed the BSc Psychology in 2005. Since graduating I have worked in various client support roles. Previous to joining the University, I worked at Portsmouth City Council as an Alcohol Interventions Practitioner; providing one to one support to those in the city who wish to reduce their alcohol consumption.
My main duties include:
- Registering students and maintaining accurate student information and assessment results on the Student Records system for the duration of their studies.
- Receiving, logging and arranging for timely marking and return of work to students.
- Inputting student assessment results to Student Records system.
- Dealing with student enquiries.
- Preparation of paperwork for Assessment Boards and notification of results.
- Ethics Committee submissions administration
- Minuting of PG Research Degrees Committee, Board of Studies, Unit Assessment and Board of Examiners meetings.