Department of Sport and Exercise Science
- Qualifications: B.Sc. Sport and Exercise Sciences
- Role Title: Senior Research Associate
- Address: Spinnaker Building, Cambridge Road, Portsmouth, Hampshire, PO1 2ER
- Telephone: 023 9284 3085
- Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Department: Department of Sport and Exercise Science
- Faculty: Science
I graduated with a first class honours degree in Sport and Exercise Sciences from the University of Limerick, Ireland, in 2012. During my undergraduate degree I completed the ISAK Level 1 course and also completed two summer research placements within the Biomechanics Research Unit of the University of Limerick. I then began my doctoral studies, researching the stride variability and cadence of recreational runners, training for and competing in long distance running. During my doctoral studies I completed a five month period in the University of Massachusetts, Amherst, USA. I joined the University of Portsmouth in June 2016 and am currently working as a Senior Research Associate within the Research Group in Breast Health.
I have varied research interests including lower limb kinematics, movement variability and associated analysis methods. More recently I have become interested in breast movement and strain during activities of daily living and physical activity. My current role involves the investigation of breast movement in relation to varied levels of breast support, in an effort to enhance the development of optimal breast support garments.
- International Society of Biomechanics
- International Society of Biomechanics in Sport
- Biomechanics Research Unit, University of Limerick