Department of Sport and Exercise Science
- Qualifications: MSc Clinical Exercise Science, BSc Sport & Exercise Science, BACPR Specialist Level IV Instructor
- Role Title: PhD Researcher
- Address: Spinnaker Building, Cambridge Road, Portsmouth, Hampshire, PO1 2ER
- Telephone: 023 9284 6395
- Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Department: Sport and Exercise Science
- Faculty: Faculty of Science
I completed my BSc in Sport and Exercise Science at the University of Chichester in 2008. After graduation I took some time out to travel, in which I worked for six months on a ski resort in British Columbia, and volunteered on a private game reserve in South Africa. In 2011 I began volunteering at a local cardiac rehabilitation programme, which increased my interest in health sciences. In 2012 I joined the MSc Clinical Exercise Science course at the University of Portsmouth and completed a dissertation in the area of behaviour change psychology. In February 2013 I started as a part-time PhD student in the department.
Given the increasing prevalence of chronic disease there is a pressing need for strategies to enhance behaviour change for increased participation in health protective behaviours, such as physical activity, healthy eating and smoking cessation. Therefore, I am interested in researching and creating self-regulatory interventions to help improve participation with these health behaviours.